Sunday, 8 April 2007
Umm... I think most ppl don't realize that depression is a disease... as in it is not psychological. I don't know much about it, and I should definitely know more, but neurotransmitters are involved and hence it is neurological. Basically something is wrong with your brain, sort of like schizphrenia and Parkinson's. (:D feel better? :P) How does it happen, I don't know as well, but I do remember that for the longest time (before I took my one and only physiology course), I thought it's purely psychological: it happens to ppl who are weak, lack of mental strength and so on. That was among the top few items on "myths about depression" slide the prof had. A lot of ppl are slightly depressed, they might or might not know it, of course. Then there are the clinically depressed who should take drugs to help them with the condition. If I remember my slides correctly, 50% percent of the time the drug is effective in improving depression. I don't even like feeling sad, or hungry, for that matter, so I can't possibly imagined how it would be like to be really depressed, not I-gained-5-pounds kinda depressed. So I can only say take your time and take care, friends and family are always there for you to rant and vent and abuse and well.. support. It's always important to stay strong, whether in fighting between-lunch-and-dinner hunger, hang overs, bosses or depression. And maybe, just maybe, you can start watching Sarah Silverman clips with me too coz I think she pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment