Tuesday, 3 April 2007

Hush

I have no idea why I would know this better than you. When you asked for a second chance I know you didn't really mean it the way you think you did. Honest, I'm not scared of being wrong, I would love to be wrong for this. It would have been so easy to just believe you, or to let you believe your own words. Harder than not getting what you want is to have it presented as an illusion in front of you. Perhaps it was the other way around, you know me too well, and you know exactly what would torture me. My head hurts. It's just the age old question, how about I just tell you what you want to satisfy your ego and you'll leave me alone? I'm too proud to say it, and I like the idea that soon enough the answer will be reduced to a smile and a shrug, and you'll never find out if I was once tempted.

No comments: